Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Drafting with JT: ACR #2

1x Shards of Alara, 1x Conflux, 1x Alara Reborn.
Drafted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at a Magic Online 4-3-2-2 queue.

Pack 1 pick 1:



My Pick:



I need to learn this format because all I know so far does not seem to work. Start with the basics; do not overcommit.

Pack 1 pick 2:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 3:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 4:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 5:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 7:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 15:



My Pick:



After pack 1, it seems that I will either be going for Esper or Grixis.

Pack 2 pick 1:



My Pick:



Esper I guess.

Pack 2 pick 2:



My Pick:



I don't know what the hell went over me. Alchemist was just there.

Pack 2 pick 3:



My Pick:



Another alchemist wasted. I must not have been thinking straight.

Pack 2 pick 4:



My Pick:



It's confirmed. I was drafting like a retard.

Pack 2 pick 5:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 7:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 15:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 1:



My Pick:



Wrong pick; I used to value this card highly. Deny Reality or the leech would have been much better picks.

Pack 3 pick 2:



My Pick:



The 3/1 flyer is much much better than this.

Pack 3 pick 3:



My Pick:



Again, take the 3/1 flyer. I took this for the money, so that I could salvage the cost of this messed up draft.

Pack 3 pick 4:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 5:



My Pick:



the leech... The Leech... THE LEECH!

Pack 3 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 7:



My Pick:



Hackblade should have been taken instead of this.

Pack 3 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 15:



My Pick:



This draft would have been so much better had I known what to do. Anyway, I learned so much from this because I lost the 1st round with what I thought was an ok deck.

1 comment:

  1. magma spray - best card out of the pack
    sigiled paladin - best card, sadly
    skullmuncher - decent. i think sacrificing creatures isnt as bad in this format as other formats. aside from blue, there are no other colors where ditching colors is necessarily terrible.
    resounding roar
    cavern thoctar
    carrion thrash - this or the paladin?
    exuberant firestoker lots of fat already. time for fixers.
    undead leotau
    ridge rannet

    fiery fall
    charnelhoard wurm - we only have 1 white card at this point, and i'd rather play this than the paladin.
    charnelhoard wurm - good call i guess~
    sylvan bounty
    might of alara
    nacatl outlander - watch out for curve
    goblin outlander - same.
    might of alara
    nacatl outlander - now we have a curve!
    kaleidostone
    beacon behemoth

    firewild outpost - rhox brute is good. but i think i take fixing first because of so much fat/warly color requirements.
    trace of abundance - same logic
    trace of abundance
    deadshot minotaur - this card is so awesome, not sure why it goes late. the cycle cost is so low, and jund/naya are susceptible to flyers.
    rhox brute - now it's probably correct to take more fat.
    kathari remnant
    jund hackblade - curve!
    wildfield borderpost
    jund sojurners

    not as high-powered as your draft, but definitely more consistent. and this format really rewards consistency.

    ReplyDelete