Friday, May 22, 2009

Drafting with JT: ACR #1

1x Shards of Alara, 1x Conflux, 1x Alara Reborn.
Drafted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at a Magic Online 4-3-2-2 queue.

Pack 1 pick 1:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 2:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 3:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 4:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 5:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 7:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 15:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 1:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 2:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 3:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 4:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 5:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 7:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 15:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 1:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 2:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 3:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 4:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 5:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 6:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 7:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 8:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 9:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 10:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 11:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 15:



My Pick:



The packs allowed me to try and build a Grixis deck, and so I did. Unfortunately, I lost in the 1st round. I was able to do a cool move though.

Architects of Will to arrange my opponent's library followed by Telemin Performance on the next turn.

1 comment:

  1. this be chester!

    great that you are doing this. hope it catches on :)

    this draft... was such a mess! obviously hindsight 20/20 but the deck couldve been:

    executiioner's capsule - take the best card out of the pack
    fatestitcher - again, best card
    sedraxis specter - gift haha
    grixis charm - another gift
    grixis panorama - grixis has the worst mana base out of all the shards. better take fixers higher.
    tidehollow strix
    blister beetle
    cunning lethermancer
    skeletal kathari
    dragon fodder
    undead leotau

    armillary sphere - again, mana issues
    drag down
    sedraxis alchemist - tough one, but hoping for borderposts in the third
    rupture spire
    absorb vis
    esperzoa - clunky, again hoping for borderposts. otherwise, straight to the side.
    unsummon
    brackwater elemental
    wordly counsel
    brackwater elemental

    lightning reaver - ding!
    bituminous blast - ding!
    terminate - 3 dings in a row!
    skyclaw thrash
    mistvein borderpost
    singe-mind ogre - careful about the curve. deck is already top heavy.
    skyclaw thrash
    jund sojourners
    kathari remnant
    architects of will

    not sure what you ended up with, but i think this wouldve been a bit better.

    ReplyDelete