Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Drafting with JT: AAC #2

2x Shards of Alara, 1x Conflux.
Drafted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at a Magic Online 4-3-2-2 queue.

Pack 1 pick 1:



My Pick:



Too many choices, I feel like going Esper or UB today...

Pack 1 pick 2:



My Pick:



... or Bant, I will make up my mind later.

Pack 1 pick 3:



My Pick:



One thing is for sure though, I will be sticking to blue.

Pack 1 pick 4:



My Pick:



I guess this means I'm on 5 colors now.

Pack 1 pick 5:



My Pick:



Gut feel. Don't ask why.

Pack 1 pick 6:



My Pick:



Hello Mr. Owl. Nice to have you on board.

Pack 1 pick 7:



My Pick:



So I guess its Esper then.

Pack 1 pick 8:



My Pick:



This might come in handy.

Pack 1 pick 9:



My Pick:



Why didn't I take the Bloodpyre Elemental?! This pick was stupid.

Pack 1 pick 10:



My Pick:



I am more on Grixis colors now and have lost count on how many picks I have wasted.

Pack 1 pick 11:



My Pick:



Grixis indeed.

Pack 1 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 1 pick 15:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 1:



My Pick:



My 1st spot removal!

Pack 2 pick 2:



My Pick:



and my 2nd card drawer. I count on seeing the Firefield Ogre for my 10th pick (because Grixis is a bad shard).

Pack 2 pick 3:



My Pick:



Nothing like Marilyn Manson to top off a deck full of creepy creatures.

Pack 2 pick 4:



My Pick:



and another owl.

Pack 2 pick 5:



My Pick:



Archdemon is a bad card because Archdemon is a bad card. I prefer the 3/3 flyer.

Pack 2 pick 6:



My Pick:



Mr. Groundstall himself! I should have taken the Archdemon from the previous pack...

Pack 2 pick 7:



My Pick:



This guy has been amazing ever since GW exalted decks became popular.

Pack 2 pick 8:



My Pick:



RAREDRAFT!

Pack 2 pick 9:



My Pick:



A black-red mana fix. I might also be able to squeeze the Necrogenesis in.

Pack 2 pick 10:



My Pick:



What happened to my Firefield Ogre?!

Pack 2 pick 11:



My Pick:



I should have picked the Archdemon.

Pack 2 pick 12:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 13:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 2 pick 15:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 1:



My Pick:



This owl goes well with all the other owls.

Pack 3 pick 2:



My Pick:



I really don't have any spectacular picks here. Lets take the potential troublemaker instead.

Pack 3 pick 3:



My Pick:



A very welcome addition to the pool.

Pack 3 pick 4:



My Pick:



Sedraxis Alchemist, Dark Temper, or a mana fixer with some spare change? Never say no to blessings.

Pack 3 pick 5:



My Pick:



My 1st fatty! I really hope he gets to see play.

Pack 3 pick 6:



My Pick:



I do have a lot of artifacts, this might be pretty good afterall.

Pack 3 pick 7:



My Pick:



I still get an alchemist after all.

Pack 3 pick 8:



My Pick:



Something to smoothen the curve (and stall overgrown green creatures).

Pack 3 pick 9:



My Pick:



Don't ask. I should have taken the archer.

Pack 3 pick 10:



My Pick:



Yes, the archer. Because they eat owlS (with a capital S) for breakfast.

Pack 3 pick 11:



My Pick:



A great late pick if you ask me.

Pack 3 pick 12:



My Pick:



This is a great SB card for exalted decks. Another great late pick.

Pack 3 pick 13:



My Pick:



This might be useful, but highly unlikely.

Pack 3 pick 14:



My Pick:



Pack 3 pick 15:



My Pick:



And so we have another draft that was all over the place. This is what the deck looked like:


Surprisingly, I went 3-0 on this one.

Round 1 vs 5-color: Win 2-1
Round 2 vs 5-color: Win 2-1
Round 3 vs GW Exalted: Win 2-0

No comments:

Post a Comment